Under no circumstances is it acceptable to murder, kidnap, or abduct. Yet here we are, still in a world where greed and perverseness abides. Simple pleasures must be scrutinized to ensure that obscurity is not conflated with darkness. If only there was a sue fire way to keep evil at bay. I guess that’s what hurricanes are for. If you need proof that quality is better than quantity, unfortunately we can look at the Motherland. If you brought five-hundred Nairas to the US expecting to have a vacation with it, you’d be sleeping at the bus stop by the end of the day. That is – of course – unless something new is brought to the table. O you can just hear the Yorkie *s* blowing their lips together can’t you?
1 Hear, O sons, a father’s instruction, and be attentive, that you may gain insight,
2 for I give you good precepts; do not forsake my teaching.
Proverbs 4:1-2 ESV
You ever get to some event early and decide to take a short nap, only to wake up hours afterward and now you’re late? Just me? I be sooo heated – like burning up on the inside. Being late is another pet-peeve of mine. Now that our country is opening back up, more people are pregnant with ambitions, desires, ideas, and of course offspring. We’re seeing more business ideas come to the table, new ministries being launched, and new additions to families. Beautiful that this is happening in the midst of such volatile times. And if the Pandemic was a mere shadow of darker hours for the US, how excellent it is to remain optimistic through tribulations!
Four business ideas useful for the black community
- Security Firm – In the age where policing have left a bad taste in the mouths of Blacks, there is a demand for community policing to protect families.
- Staffing Agencies – Black businesses not only need customer but personnel to function and scale. If every Black person became an entrepreneur, we’ll have a community of single/sole-proprietors who will not cooperate with each other. Having temp firms can function as a facilitator to work, volunteer or partner to build wealth among ourselves.
- Logistics/Transportation: Whether it’s a taxi, courier service, or a full-blown trucking company, transportation and logistics are set to flourish in a well over 500 billion industry in the years ahead.
- Guess? Do you know what the fourth business idea is? *NOTE*: This is for my fellow JedEyes. For others looking for insight, I left context clues within this blog. If you know the answer, discuss this with your community to see what are the merits of having this solution Black-owned in this particular sector. For everyone else you can call me *Sasha* because I Sasha knew what was going on here…
I’m reminded more and more how important it is to observe to avoid mishaps in the future. Ain’t nothing like feeling like you’re going the right way only to end up in a ditch or a dead end. Thinking that you were on your way to be free, but in reality becoming a worse off slave and now you’re praying for a key. One thing I’ve learned and becoming more disciplined in; you can tell how self-aware and detail-oriented they are by how they drive.
TRUE STORY: There was a time I drove big rigs. I hated driving them in the city though because you have too many people who can’t drive. One day, I was driving up 95th street in Chicago to drop cargo. I usually take extra defensive measures as any truck driver should. I can foresee at some point some knucklehead will pull off some bizarre stunt
– and sure enough – one driver who was parked to the right of me decided to do a U-Turn in front of my truck near an intersection. Mind you I was still driving my truck…..PURE INSANITY. The kicker was, I actually KNEW who the driver was. I won’t reveal his name, but continue reading this blog and those in Chicago might know who this person was; HINT: he’s a musician.
To Be Continued…
When you walk with God long enough, you’ll know when you’re going in the wrong direction or living reckless. But there may be some home for you if things turn sour.
No Pay Phones
Isn’t it weird that pay phones don’t exist anymore? I’ll admit that was kind of a freaky but necessary apparatus back in the day. Imagine if you were stuck in no man’s land and the only way you could get in touch with someone was through the payphone…and you had no money. Like I’m sorry but Superman can’t reach you at this time. Jesus however hears every call and summons us with good directions. Thank you LORD.
You know what I’d like to see disappear like pay phones? Education. The education system under capitalism is a component of modern day slavery. Many go into debt to compete for scarcity of jobs, and will work tirelessly to pay debt off. I’m not saying that education should be completely free in America… I’m not naive…but there is much hinderance to our evolution when information is withheld and misinformation abounds.
Subscribe to get access
Read more of this content when you subscribe today.